|| ADVERTISE | ABOUT US | FEEDBACK ||
Maxims of Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (AS)
By: Abdol Ali
15th of shawwal is the martyrdom day of Hazrat Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (AS), the sixth successor of Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (SAWW). Here are some quotes of Imam Al-Sadiq (AS):
* There are three kinds of people: The scholars, the seekers of knowledge and all the others are a waste of humanity.
* Intellect is that with which people worship the Most Gracious (Allah) and with which they obtain gardens.
* The most perfect of men in intellect is the best of them in ethics.
* Intellect is the pillar of man, and the guide of the believer.
* The perfection of intellect is in three (things): humbleness for Allah, good certainty, and silence except for good.
* Whoever has three (things) is perfect: intellect, handsomeness, and eloquence.
* Knowledge is a shield, truthfulness is might, ignorance is abasement, understanding is glory, generosity is success, good behavior causes friendship, he who has knowledge about his time, ambiguous things do not attack him, and determination is mistrust.
* Three (things) cause hatred: hypocrisy, self-admiration, and oppression.
* If you want that you are honored, then be soft.
* Whoever is extreme gets involved, and whoever is afraid of the consequence refrains from entering what he does not know.
* Whoever sows enmity reaps what he has sown.
* Whoever attacks a matter without knowledge cuts off his own nose.
* Scholars are trustees, the Allah- fearing are strongholds, and guardians are masters.
* (Religious) scholars are the trustees of prophets unless they come to the doors of supreme rulers.
* Whoever requests leadership perishes.
* Verily, knowledge is a lock and its key is the question.
* It is enough that patience is a supporter.
* If you are not patient, then pretend to be patient.
* Whoever acts without prescience is like the walker without way, the speed of walking does not increase him but farness.
* The favor is not perfected but with three (things): by doing it quickly, debasing it, and hiding it.
* When intention, ability, success, and righteousness come together, happiness occurs.
* Whoever treats people and does not wrong them, speaks to them and does not tell them lies, and promises them and does not break his promise, his backbiting is forbidden, his manhood is perfect, his justice appears, his brotherhood is a must.
* Twenty- day- friendship is a relationship.
* Whoever does not feel shame during absence and does not repent during old age and does not fear Allah during loneliness, he has no good.
* Whoever honors you, honor him. And whoever scorns you honor yourself from him.
* Justice is sweeter than the water the thirsty (person) have.
* To forbid generosity is mistrust in Allah.