|December 9, 2003||| ADVERTISE | ABOUT US | FEEDBACK ||
Pearls from Imam Jafar As-Sadiq (AS)
By: Naema Hussein
* Knowledge is a shield, truthfulness is might, ignorance is abasement, understanding is glory, generosity is success, good behavior causes friendship, he who has knowledge about his time ambiguous things do not attack him, and determination is mistrust.
* (Religious) scholars are the trustees of prophets unless they come to the doors of supreme rulers.
* There are three kinds of people: The scholars, the seekers of knowledge and all the others are a waste of humanity.
* Twenty-day-friendship is a relationship.
* Whoever honors you honor him, and whoever scorns you honor yourself from him.
* Justice is sweeter than the water the thirsty (person) have.
* The most perfect of men in intellect is the best of them in ethics.
* Intellect is the pillar of man, and the guide of the believer.
* The perfection of intellect is in three (things): humbleness for Allah, good certainty, and silence except for good.
* Three (things) cause hatred: hypocrisy, self-admiration, and oppression.
* If you want that you are honored, then be soft.
* Whoever attacks a matter without knowledge cuts off his own nose.
* Whoever requests leadership perishes.
* Verily, knowledge is a lock and its key is the question.
* If you are not patient, then pretend to be patient.
* Whoever acts without prescience is like the walker without way, the speed of walking does not increase him but farness.