|November 4, 2004||| ADVERTISE | ABOUT US | FEEDBACK ||
Intrinsic worth and A`maal of Layla-tul Qadr
By: Miqdad Al-Awsat
Laylatul Qadr, or the Night of Qadr, is the best night among the nights of the whole year on account of its merits, surpassing excellence, superiority and the superabundant bounties. No night, throughout the year, is on a level with this night.
Allah says in Holy Quran, that We revealed holy Quran in the Night of “Qadr”, this night is better than a thousand months, therefore, acts done in these nights are better than the acts done in one thousands months. In this night the “Spirit” together with one thousand Angels descends and that which has been decided is shown to the “Imam of Era (atf)”.
The common A'maal of the three nights (19th, 21st & 23rd of Ramadan) are:
1. To take a bath. Allama Majlisi says, "It is better to take a bath before sunset so that the night prayers may be performed after bath".
2. To offer two Rakats of prayer, in every Rakat recite Surah al-Hamd, and Surah al-Tauhid/ Surah Ikhlaas seven times, and after finishing the prayer 70 times recite: "Astagferullaah Rabbi Wa atoobo elaihe" i.e., "I seek pardon from God and ask for penitence from Him".
3. The Holy Qur'an should be opened and placed in front, then one should recite, "Alaahumma inni asaloka be kitaabekal munzale Wa maa feeh, wa feehismokal akbaro wa asmaakal husnaa, wa maa yokhaafo Wa yurjaa an taj-alani min otaqaaeka minan-Naar", i.e., "O Allah treat me as one of those who are free from Hell, in the name of this Holy Book sent by Thee, whatever there be in the Book. Including Ism-e-A'azam and Asmaa-e-Husnaa and the things to be dreaded, the things that may be expected and desired, like blessings of Jannat. Do forgive through the grace of this book". (SALAWAT-After this he may beg from Allah whatever he wants).
4. He should place the Holy Qur'an on his head and say, "Allaahumma be haqqe haazal Qur'an we be haqqe man arsaltahoo beh, Wa be haqqe kulle momenin madahtahoo feeh, we be haqqeka alaihim fa-laa ahada a'arafo be haqqeka mink", i.e., "O Allah! I appeal to Thee in the name of this Qur'an and the Rooh that was sent along with it, and in the name of the Momin (believer) whose praise is contained in this Book and Tine obligation that is on them. No one else recognizes the right and truth more than Thee". (SALAWAT-After this he should repeat 10 times each): -
BEKA YA ALLAH (S.W.T.)
BE MOHAMMADIN (S.A.W.)
BE ALIYYIN (A.S.)
BE FATEMATA (A.S.)
BIL HASANE (A.S.)
BIL HUSAINE (A.S.)
BE ALIYIBNIL HUSAIN (A.S.)
BE MOHAMMED IBN ALIYYIN (A.S.)
BE JA'FAR IBN MOHAMMEDIN (A.S.)
BE MOOSABN JA'FAR (A.S.)
BE ALI YIBN MOOSA (A.S.)
BE MOHAMMED IBN ALIYYIN (A.S.)
BE ALIYIBN MOHAMMED (A.S.)
BIL HASAN IBN ALIYYIN (A.S.)
BIL HOJJAT (A.S.)
5. To recite the Ziarat of Imam Hussain (A.S.). According to Hadis, during night of Qadr an angel proclaims from the Arsh (Throne) on the Seventh sky, "Allah the Benevolent forgives him, whosoever performs the Ziarat of the grave of Imam-e-Hussain (as)."
6. One should keep himself awake throughout these three nights. The vigil during these nights carries great heavenly reward. It is narrated that he who cease to sleep in the night of Qadr, his sins will be pardoned even though they are equal to the stars, mountains and rivers in number.
7. It has been highly recommended to offer 100 Rak'ats of prayer. It is better to recite 10 times the Surah al-Tauhid/ Surah Ikhlaas after Surah al-Hamd.
8. Recite: "Astagferullaah Rabbi Wa atoobo elaihe" 100 times (i.e., "I seek pardon from God and ask for penitence from Him").
9. Seek forgiveness & Recite Dua Kumail & Dua Tawba & the 15 whispered prayers from Sahifa Sajjadia
10. Give Sadqa/charity
11. Recite Dua Nudba & Remember Imam e zamana (atfs) much throughout the night
12. Recite dua Joshan Kabeer
13. send daroud on Muhammad (sw) and his Aal (as) “Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa aali Muhammad”
In 19th and 21st night: also recite "Allaahum-mal'an qatalata Ameeril Momeneen" 100 times (i.e., "O Allah! Curse upon the assassins of Ameerul Moineneen Ali ibne Abi Talib").
In 23rd night: 1. also recite the following Surah from the Holy Qur'an: Ankabut (the Spider) 29th Sura, Room (The Roman Empire) 30th Sura – Imam Jafar As-Sadeq (as) says he who recites these two surahs in this night will definitely enter paradise.
2. Recite Dukhan (Smoke or Mist) 44th Sura.
3. Recite 1,000 times surah Al-Qadr.
4. recite “Allahumma Kunn Lay Waliyyekal Hujjatib-nil Hasan Salawatoka Alayhay Wa ala Aaba’ehi Fee Hazehis Sa’ati Wa Fee Kullay Sa’atin Waliyyan Wa Hafezan Wa Qaedan Wa Naseran Wa Dalilan Wa Aynan Hatta Tuskenahu Ardaka Tau’an wa Tomatte’ahu feeha Taweela” again and again during this night.